Friday, March 4, 2016

Braces


"Happy Braces-less Day! "


Today marks a very meaningful moment in my life, finally I'm no longer with my braces on. YAY! Have been wearing it for about 11 months and now I have my teeth looking straight. I know braces is getting common nowadays. Some people probably think it's no big deal to have been through this process, but to me, it's a big deal. I've been wanting to fix my smile ever since I was a primary school student. Of course, I failed to do so because I didn't take any further action about it. Until last year, right after my 19th birthday, I decided to make my very first step to visit the dentist. 

Just like most of the them, I had to extract 4 teeth to get a better alignment. Removing my teeth was the toughest moment in the entire journey. I was really impatient and wanted to get my braces on as soon as possible, so I made frequent appointments to get the extractions done fast. I had two teeth extracted first and after a day, I went back for another two teeth extractions. I probably had not eaten proper meals for a few days. Just got my stomach filled with Milo and very thin porridge.

I started my braces journey on 18th April 2015. I couldn't eat many of my favorite food, couldn't bite like ordinary people. And my smile was awkward and unnatural for months and months.
11 moths ago.. (I uploaded these onto my instagram, if you remember)

10 months ago.. When my sister and I were still wearing braces.

And how I look now.

Some of my friends be like "wah so fast" when I told them that I would be removing my braces on the beginning of March. Actually, the truth is I could've removed it even earlier. But I insisted to wait until March, because I thought I need a little bit more of adjustment. And finally... I'm done! The only thing is that I would still have to wear retainers. It's okay, I don't mind as long as it's good for my teeth.
All time and effort spent are definitely worth it. At least I am confident with my own smile now. I am very contented with the result. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik